Sunday, May 22, 2011

Man, My Foot Tastes Terrible

It's funny how tiny moments can transport a person out of the adult realm in their life, and make them feel like a kid again. However, this isn't always a great thing.

I had several small, and one huge, "Open Mouth, Insert Foot", moments today. I won't go into great detail, but needless to say...I think being in a rush, and failing to pay attention to minute details, were probably the two main causes of my faux pas. Needless to say, I feel like a total ass. I have felt like an ass all day. I will probably still feel like an ass tomorrow.

With that being said...I went for a run today. In the rain, and it was AMAZING!

Halfway through my run, I stopped and realized that I had actually been jumping in the puddles of water.Not in a casual, "Oh-I'm-Running-And-Stepped-In-A-Puddle" way, either.

I was two-footing those puddles.

 I was having so much fun that I didn't even realize that I'd ran past my turnoff, and I had to double back. Time seemed to stand still, and for a short amount of time my stress dissovled, and I forgot about my blunders earlier in the day. I forgot about the laundry and dishes and worrying about all the menial garbage that bogs down my day. I forgot about it all, and just jumped from one puddle of water to another. It was wonderful. By the time I got to my house I was soaked through, and my heart felt lighter.

There is no deep meaning behind this post. Just to say that sometimes...life puts a sad face on my heart, and the tiniest of moments that are shared with no one...Can make it happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment