Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shut Up...You're Annoying

I would like to take this time to clear the air on a particular subject.

My weight loss. I'm not anorexic, bitches!

My weight loss journey began in November of 2009. I was feeling a bit under the weather around Thanksgiving and went to the doctor. We went through the motions of  a regular doctor visit, and then my doctor says, "Whoopsie! We forgot to get your weight. Hop on that scale."

To give you an idea of what my life was like a year and a half ago...I wore a size 16 pants, a 36DD brassiere, and had the energy of a dead slug. I wasn't going to "hop" anywhere. My "hop" was more of a, "clomp". I gingerly stepped on the scale and held my breath. For some reason, I felt that doing this will, somehow, make me weigh less.

Holy shit. 209 lbs... Surely, that wasn't right.

At that moment, I had an epiphany...It was something like this:

Jeezus, I'm fat. I'm really, really, really fat. Man, I need some chocolate.

This visit to the doctor, and having a minor surgery(had my appendix taken out) sort of jump started my weight loss.

I began to set small goals for myself. The first one was to run to the end of the road and back.
I didn't make it.
I made it about ten houses down before I turned around and walked home.
 Each day, my goal was to to go a little further than I did the day before.
 I did this everyday for six weeks, and one day I looked up and thought, "Wow, I just ran all the way to 12th Sreet without stopping to pretend to tie my shoes! I'm doing it!"I then began to modify my diet. Eating salads with vinegar and oil, and cutting meat out of my diet. I cut down on my dairy products and started taking vitamins. I found out that potatoes and breads are really an essential part of a balanced diet, but, much to my disappointment, chocolate is not. I learned that I really could live without eating those waxy Little Debbie chocolate donettes and chocolate milk for breakfast.

I began to notice, almost immediately, that my clothes no longer fit.
 My boobs were escaping out of the bottom of my brassierre, my underwear had a chronic saggy butt, and my shoes were roomier! I was unaware that one could lose weight in their feet.

After six months of working out five days a week, and eating a primarily vegetarian diet I had lost forty lbs. Running was now a part of my routine. Take care of the childrens, clean the house, cook dinner, and run. Before I realized it, I was enjoying the foods that I had forced myself to eat. I was vaccuuming my living when room when I had a sudden moment of clarity. It was something like this,

This has been more than a "diet", or a workout program. This is a lifestyle change.

It has been a hell of a journey. With a lot of ups and downs, and tears and sweat and injuries. However, since that fateful day in November of 2009, I have lost a total of 80 lbs.
I did it all by myself. I didn't use diet pills, meal replacements, or hire a trainer. (Although, with the exception of the diet pills, I endorse using meal replacements (sometimes), and if you have the money and need the motivation...by all means, hire a trainer. I would have if I could afford one.)
Now, on to why I blogged about my weight loss journey. Contrary to popular belief, I did not write about this to be all, "Look at me, look at me. I'm skinny now."
I didn't do it to inspire anyone, or to guide anyone through their weight loss journey.

I wrote about this because today, someone that I care about, a lot, gave me a hard time about my workout routine and my eating habits. I believe her exact words were, "Well, I don't see why you're still excerising, and eating cucumbers and shit. You don't need to be any skinnier. You look anorexic."

First of all... No, I don't. I'm healthy, fit, and I look that way. I am secure in the fact that I look better, at this very moment, than I did before I birthed my childrens. I feel at ease with how I look, and I know that I am making healthier choices for my life...Which helps me make better choices for my children.

Secondly, I know you're reading this and I want to apologize;

I am sorry that you are such a hateful bitch that it is a physical impossibility for you to be happy for others. I am sorry that you feel the need to bring others down when you are having a bad day. I am sorry that you don't have enough, "oomph", to motivate yourself to be a nicer human being.
In short, I'm sorry that you are annoying and spiteful, and that you delight in making other people feel like poop.

Thirdly, shut up. You're annoying.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! You look awesome and actually have pushed a button to get me back on my diet track. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep this short and sweet....as you know in HS I was always the skinny girl that could eat a large pizza with no worries. Now I can smell a pizza and gain 10 lbs the day you posted this I stepped on the scale and it said 156. Eeek! I have lost 10 lbs since then. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look better than you did in high school! And cucumbers are tasty, that's why i'm trying to grow em... hehe..no, really. People said i looked anorexic all the time in high school and it really hurt my feelings. I could've eaten anything and not gain an ounce...but i wanted to. That's such a hateful thing to say to someone. I want to say, congratulations :) You look amazing

    ReplyDelete