Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Soundtrack of 2012

 I have been a little mentally constipated over the last few months. It is common knowledge that writers tend to be more industrious when their emotions peak, or they experience life-altering moments. Moments that are so important to them, they then feel it is compelling enough for the rest of the world to read about.

Guys, I got nothing.

I've searched through all of my brain lint....and I don't feel like I have a single hilarious story or any sage advice to offer.

There is so much talk right now about how quickly the year went by, and when I think about the last year it all goes by in a blur of moments for me.

Tucking the childrens into bed.
Long days and nights at the office.
Phone calls.
Teaching.
The moment I realized my body was never designed to be a size 4. (That was a fun, cake-filled day.)
Putting popcorn in Nate's car. (Best. Thing. Ever.)
Coffee dates.
Donuts with Sammy.
Crying because I felt like my right arm had gotten fat.
The first time I succesfully pulled my hair into a ponytail.
Facebook chats with new friends.
Nutella. (Lots of Nutella)
Game night.
Making friends that are oceans away.
Losing friends that are minutes away.
My Juicy-Lucy birthday T-shirt.
Holding hands with Jerry in the hospital waiting room.
Building a sandbox.
Selling a trampoline.
Post-It notes.
Throwing my make up away.

 A year of acceptance. A year of learning. A year of growth.

The year of 2012 holds a special place in my heart. Whatever the future holds for me, whatever kind of old woman I will be... it is all because of this year.

And because every good year deserves a soundtrack...here is "Lucy's Soundtrack For 2012".







Be OK
Ingrid Michealson
 






 
 
We've Come A Long Way
Good Old War

 
 
 
 
 

 


Freedom
Tyrone Wells


 
 
 
 
 
 



Shake The Dust
Anis Mojgani


 
 
 
 
 


Pout Pout Fish
Gordon True



 
 





What'll I Do
Lisa Hannigan






 







Beat That
The Period Song












Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Dr. Seuss
Narrated by John Lithgow

No comments:

Post a Comment